The world is changing, and Canada must be at the forefront of leading research and technology that will help to reduce environmental impacts caused by climate change.
With our energy-based economy, Canada has the expertise, capital and resources to leverage and lead the world in innovative ways to mitigate harmful environmental effects and develop and advance clean technologies that will help to achieve the federal government’s target of net zero by 2050.
Currently, Canada is at the forefront of developing technologies in renewable fuels and energy, sustainable transportation, bio-based plastics and cleaning products, wood buildings, and more; however, there is plenty more room for opportunity.
Global Advantage Consulting Group has completed numerous projects in the clean technology space, including:
- A comprehensive database of 780+ Canadian cleantech companies with 29,000+ cells of data on company sectors of expertise, intellectual property profile, geographical location and more (2021)
- For the National Research Council, an ecosystem map of the Canadian Blue Economy by visualizing all activities that facilitate collaborative research, innovation, technology development, demonstration and deployment in support of a responsible Canadian Blue Economy (2019).
- For Environment and Climate Change Canada, reports on environmental technologies, emission trading, and scenario development of long-term clean air targets
- For Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, an ecosystem map of Canada’s forest bioeconomy ecosystem (2018)
- For Natural resources Canada, an ecosystem map of Canada’s bioeconomy and upstream research needs (2018)
- Assisted the World Wildlife Fund conduct an environment NGO advocacy workshop, providing strategic advice and participating in role-playing sessions to provide lessons on advocacy practices