Job Types: Part-time, temporary, sub-contract
The duration of this position lasts from January 13, 2020 until March 27, 2020.
Global Advantage is a management consulting firm located in Ottawa downtown. The firm designs and implements performance-based, outcome-focused innovation strategies, programs and projects, as well as provides clients with a platform for conducting strategic analysis of their own organizations within the context of the broader ecosystem within which they reside. Through highly-detailed ecosystem maps, data and economic analysis, consulting and presentations, the firm helps clients gain expert insights by showing from a systems perspective the connections between governments, higher education institutions, not-for-profits, networks and associations, the private sector, and global markets, and the inputs and outputs of their organizations or departments that affect this system. The firm’s clients include government departments, universities and colleges, research and commercialization networks, not-for-profit organizations, business associations, and private sector companies.
Global Advantage Consulting Group is seeking a part-time (20-25 hours a week) Japanese-speaking research analyst to collect, analyze, and work with a variety of science and technology (S&T) related data.
- Research and data collection
- Reviewing publicly available reports, publications and databases
- Policy and data analysis
- Data visualization
- Writing summaries and briefings of larger documents
- Distilling large amounts of information into specific takeaways
- Briefing the project lead and/or team on progress
Candidate must be:
- Fluent in Japanese
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Good with numbers and statistics
- Organized, logical, and reliable
- Able to pay high attention to detail
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to meet tight project deadlines
- Able to attend meetings regularly at our downtown Ottawa office
Education: Current or recently-graduated bachelors or masters students in a research-oriented field are welcome to apply. Candidates with a background in business, commerce, economics, international affairs or political science are preferred.
Rate of pay to be discussed based on candidate’s experience.
Interested candidates can send their resume and an email cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.