Galileo is an immersive data visualization tool that allows stakeholders to view and better understand the relationships between people, funding, organizations, information, and resources. Users can also explore the connections and potential challenges and opportunities in and around Canada’s Innovation Ecosystem. Galileo connects the dots between a variety of government entities, post-secondary institutions, industry players, and the not-for-profit sector that play a role in enabling Canadian Innovation Ecosystem and the clusters within it.
With Galileo you can:
- View the high-level components of Canada’s Innovation Ecosystem and the major flows of money, people, information, and materials that move between them;
- Change perspective to view issues dynamically from different angles;
- Choose a specific flow such as people or funding and view the system through that lens;
- With a click, explore the data source through live web links;
- Zoom in on an organization within the system to look in depth at their structure;
- Use the search feature to find a specific organization or access an organization’s website, and
- Work collaboratively with team members or clients by inserting a note to display comments.
The galaxy model used by Galileo brings current and relevant opportunities and risks to the forefront by means of data blending and advanced data visualization. The model and approach is dynamic, adaptable, and allows users to find the information that is relevant to them. Within the framework of Galileo lies a robust data engine that has been developed by Global Advantage after years of creating ecosystem maps for a wide variety of clients. The productisation of our methods is what gives Galileo its competitive edge. It will uncover critical data points that today’s organizations can overlook.
“All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” Galileo